ABOUT IBPS and SBI clerk and PO exams.
The Indian Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts the competitive exam at an all India level for the recruitment eligible candidates in all the Scheduled Commercial Banks of India. The candidates participating in the examinations are required to appear and qualify in the CWE (Common Written Exam) and Interview for the posts of Clerks and Probationary Officers. However, the State Bank of India and its 9 subsideries conduct their own exam for recruitment.
JOB OPPORTUNITIES for those who qualify in IBPS and SBI conducted exams
Pass IBPS and/or SBI exam and get recruited by the nationalised banks for the following coveted posts:
- Probationary Officers: This is the Junior Management Level direct entry point for dynamic young graduates. A Probationary officer gets exposed to challenging assignment as also gets the opportunity to involve in nation building developmental activities. The opportunities include working in Personal banking, Rural Banking, Credit, Forex, Treasury etc.
- Special Management Executives:The Banks also makes direct recruitment to the Middle Management grades. The post offers faster growth opportunities to the right candidate.
- Specialist Cadre Officers:Chartered Accountants, Analysts, Statisticians, Risk Raters, Economists, Lawyers, Engineers, System Engineers, Rajbhasha Officers etc are recruited in various grades by the Banks in Specialist cadre with opportunities for career advancement.
- Assistants: Young graduates are recruited as Assistants (clerical cadre). The Banks are offering fast track growth opportunities as the Assistants are eligible for promotion on completion of 3 years’ service.
Syllabus for IBPS and SBI Clerk and PO exam
The main sections covered under the SBI (State Bank of India) and IBPS Clerks and PO Recruitment Exam cover the following:
- Quantitative Aptitude (Mathematics),
- General Knowledge and
- Computer Operations respectively.
IBPS / SBI Clerk an PO exam - General Knowledge Mock test 3